Monday, September 10, 2012

Stutter

Anna has become quite the talker. If you have been around her for a while you understand most of what she says. I am anxious to hear what her preschool teachers, PAT (Parent As Teacher comes for the first time Thursday) says about her speech and also what her pediatrician says at her 3 year check up (can you believe that she is turning three?!?!) I don't remember TOO much from my tid bit of early childhood education but I do remember that if half of what a child says when she turns 3 can't be understood by a stranger then she should be looked at for hearing issues or speech issues. We will just wait and see what we are advised to do. I am not too concerned with her speech because she is really putting together words into long sentences and asking TONS of questions. And since she is getting more easy to understand as she grows up it makes me think very positive.

I also remember from early childhood education the 3 year old stutter that many 3 year olds go through. 3 of my friends have mentioned their child going through this so when Anna started stuttering pretty seriously this past weekend I wasn't too worried. Hopefully that will just fade away too. I have a feeling it's not a major problem; just Anna's mind thinking so fast that she can't get her words out fast enough. And she just gets so excited some times :)

Much Love,
Jenny

PS This blog post is mostly for the blog book archive so when Ashley turns 3 I can remember how Anna was with her speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment