Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Second soccer practice

Anna had her second soccer practice Sunday and once we got there, she did great!

Having to wake her up from a deep nap, she was in a mood I tell you. Fighting against me not wanting to wear the orange uniform, to constant crying, to resisting us buckling her in her car seat and to 10 minutes of crying in the car saying over and over, "I don't like soccer. My want to go to my new house and play with toys." Repeat, repeat, repeat.

I was biting my tongue the entire car ride there knowing I should have never signed up for 8 weeks of soccer knowing that it could possibly be during her nap time. When we signed up they told me it would be a one hour time slot between 1 and 5 and that was all they could tell me. I took a gamble and lost with the 3:15 start time.

But once we got there and the coach started handing out stickers 5 minutes into practice and stamping hands 10 minutes into practice, she was happy and actually playing soccer. Not to mention she had bunny in her "bunny bjorn" (hanging out the front of her shirt) the entire practice.... you know something's gotta give :) She was listening so well to coach and doing what he told her too. She was off course being "shy" and "quiet" while doing the skills, but she was timidly doing them while intensely watching all the others. And then during the last 15 minutes of play with parents, she started shining her skills. She was dribbling the ball so well while running a good 100 feet or so and laughing (later she told us that was her favorite part). Smiling and laughing. We would chase her and she would be off kicking her ball running away from us just giggling. She scored goals, did toe stops, kicked the ball backwards and sideways and passed. Now we just have to work on having mommy and daddy on the sidelines, not by her side during all of this.

You might be wondering if she gave her coach a high five? Hahahahaha....Not yet :)

So on the ride home from practice with Anna talking about how much she loves soccer and what her favorite part was, I smiled. Maybe it wasn't such a bad gamble after all!

We will see how next week goes.

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment