Sunday, September 23, 2012

Birthday Desserts

Not going to lie. When Anna told me she wanted a Strawberry Shortcake Hot Dog Party I was over the moon excited. Reasons why?!?!

1. I love strawberry shortcake and always have.
2. It meant DESSERT party!!!

And since Strawberry Shortcake has 6 friends with names of amazing desserts, here was the result! Amazing goodness. Seriously, there wasn't a bad dessert (unless you don't like coconut!)

The spread.....



Anna's favorite

Mommy's favorite

Papa's Favorite

One of Daddy's favorite

Probably the one everyone liked the most. Surprising, huh??? Well when you have a cup of sugar in a small dish, it can make something pretty amazing!

The other group favorite. Mommy almost gave up on this dessert when she was making the crust. She's super glad she didn't!


The kids favorites: Gummy cherries straight form Disney World (thanks Horton's!), gummy strawberries, gummy raspberries, lemon drops, gummy blueberries and orange slices. Not gonna lie, all day whenever I walked by the table I grabbed a handful!
Anna's cake. OK... I admit that I dropped the ball on this one. Had good vision but not so good implementation! Everyone called her Strawberry Shortcake with a hangover. When I asked Anna who it was, she looked at me confused and guessed, "ME?"

But she LOVED it! Just to prove looks don't matter!


"I'm getting big Grama. You gonna smush me?!?!"

I had a blast with the desserts and I think the kids and adults did too!

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment