Monday, February 13, 2012

Weaning

Breastfeeding is coming to an end and to say I am glad is quite the understatement. I am thrilled!

I pride myself for lasting a year but am ready for my girl to be independent of me when it comes to feeding. It will be nice to sleep in, to go places for a long time and not worry about pumping, to wear normal bras, and to let Rob do most of the feedings. But it will be a pain to have to buy even more milk at the grocery store!!!

But I will miss the closeness to Ashley, our quiet times together, the convenience of just whipping out my boob when needed and the extra weight watcher points I get from breastfeeding (I get 7 extra points; one of the reasons that I believe why my weight loss has happened faster for me then in the past). But I feel most of these things can be met through feeding milk in a bottle and it's about time Rob gets the opportunity to experience all these feelings too whenever he wants, not just when I have some milk pumped.

My little girl is growing up so fast!

Much Love,
Jenny

1 comment: