Friday, February 24, 2012

Very Hungry Caterpillar Theme

One of Anna and Ashley's favorite books, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, was the inspiration behind Ashley's First Birthday Party! Plus, we do have a VERY HUNGRY ONE YEAR OLD on our hands!!! What a fun theme and colors... So, as typical as us Fimmen's do, I went over board with the party planning and decorating and had SO MUCH fun doing it! Decorating for these birthday parties brings me back to when I would decorate my classroom when I was teaching and it is one of the few things I miss about teaching every year.It also lets me bring out my creativity which has been back in hiding the last couple of years since i have been so busy with babies! But now that I have 2 kids birthdays a year, I definitely get my fill! Good thing I have 6 months in between the birthdays to recoup!

Gotta Love the birthday banners!
LOVE the month by month showcase of their first year. This was my first time doing it across a mantle and I like it, For Anna's two birthdays I made a 1 or a 2 out of the pictures.
It was so fun looking back on how much my very hungry one year old has changed in such a short time!

Caterpillar tissue puffs. SO cute and SO fun to make and hang with my mom. Luckily this isn't being thrown out; one of my friends mom's who is a teacher is taking it for her elementary classroom. they will LOVE it too I bet!

My balloon bouquet. This was a new idea (I usually use paper balls) that I really liked when done but EXTREMELY time consuming with blowing up the balloons.
Gotta LOVE fun party favors!
Thanks for "inching" over to my party... LOVE it!
My favorite birthday hat I have made so far.
View of the kids table.
View of the main party room.... CUTE!
Presents!
And of course the only food we served was mentioned in the book! LOVED this idea... super easy and super cute!
Dessert/Entryway Table
Didn't go elaborate on the birthday cake this year, but fit with the theme and super cute and easy cupcakes!
Drinks and Apps... YUM!
Panini Bar for ALL!
 
Ashley's Cake! Make a wish!
So much fun!

On to the next party planning..... Anna is requesting a purple like barney party. We will see if that changes or not over the next 6 or so months!

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment