Thursday, February 9, 2012

ONE!

Happy Birthday to ME!!!!!! I'm ONE!

Here's what I have been up to the past month!

*Sleeping as great as ever! Bedtime is still 6:45-7 and wake up time is about 11 1/2-12 hours later. I do still wake up around 5:30/6 for a feeding and then sleep longer; mommy has delayed this weaning and we are doing it right now (not fun!) This morning I actually woek for the first time at 6:45 to one happy momma! I am still taking 2 naps (putting myself to sleep and naps are lasting anywhere from 1- 2 hours each). I sleep in a sleep sack mostly on my belly. I love sleeping (need to sleep with) my bear blanket. I reach my arms around bear as soon as mommy puts me in my crib. I am still sleeping with paci.
*I am still a VERY hungry one year old. I eat, eat, eat a wide variety of food. My tastes became a little more selective this month but I am back to eating a good variety of food; vegetables are my weakest. I get REALLY excited to see food! I still LOVE opening the food cabinet and taking things out to eat. I LOVE my banana cookies, ham, any fruit, yogurt, hummus and avocado. My favorite food is definitely without a doubt, fruit cereal bars!!! YUM!
*Favorite toys: Anything that Anna plays with (I really can't wait to be BIG like her. Mommy thinks I am growing up way to fast!), the laugh and learn house, books, music (I am ALWAYS dancing to music), singing in the microphone, pushing around the stroller, and sippy cups.I love taking my shoes and socks off and putting them in my mouth and I love finding Anna's panties a eating those too (good thing mommy is really good about picking up dirty clothes!)
*This was a big month for teeth. My upper gums were pretty torn up this month and I now have 6 teeth (2 on bottom, 4 on top).
*I am such a happy girl. I love to ham it up with a big smile to get attention! I give the best hugs and am starting to walk to mommy from across the room with wide open arms and a wide open mouth to give her both a big wet kiss and strong bear hug! Mommy says I have the best laugh and a great sense of humor. She  loves it when I laugh at funny stuff I see.
*I am pretty much running. I love to climb up on things; stairs, chairs, stools, the dishwasher, potty seat, etc. Mommy can't believe she has another monkey!
*I am starting to wean off breast milk very soon. Cow's milk here I come!
*I call Peanut and other dogs "bra" for brother. I am starting to say "baba" for water glasses and sippy cups and have said "dada" multiple times (just not to him).  I love to put the phone up to my ear and say "hi." I like to say "bi" when waving.
*I am a VERY good pointer and point out what I want very clearly to mommy. I LOVE to point to food and then scream until I get it!
*I love playing peek-a-boo with my dresses and shirts. I also LOVE to tickle my belly.
*I love when mommy or Grama does tickle belly to me... LOVE it!
*I shake my head back and forth for "no" for appropriate things like when I am all done with my food, when I am headed towards peanuts bowls and when I am about to do something I know is a "no."
*Ask me to roll a ball to you or go bring you something and I will do it!
*I had my first fever of 101.7 and had to take Baby Motrin for the first time. We think it was a virus because I felt better pretty quickly after the meds. Being sick is NO fun!

Love,
Ashley

PS My party is in two weekends and I CAN'T WAIT!

1 comment: