Saturday, June 15, 2013

Fairy Camp

This week I was in Fairy Drama Camp with Kate.  Miss Jo was our drama teacher and I was in absolute love with her. Let's just say that come performance time mommy and daddy realized that Miss Jo sure knows how to put the "silly" into me! 

She taught us how to be actresses. Sometimes we would pretend to be things in the room (a chair, a flower, a table) and other times we would act out storybooks.  When we were pretending to be costumes Miss Jo asked me what costume I was and of course I shouted "BELLE!!!!" All the storybooks were about fairies!  I loved it a lot!

Last night was our performance.  Grama, Papa, Aunt Anne, Uncle Todd, Ashley, Abby, mommy and daddy all came to watch.  The other actresses also had family come...it was a big audience.  We warmed up by pretending to be things in the room (costumes, flowers and things like that), then it was time for the BIG performance.

We started the performance with my favorite song that I had been singing all week..... "there is a fairy on my shoulder, there is a fairy on my knee. There is a fairy sitting on my head and they all watch over me!" I got super excited during this song and sang nice and loud.

Then we were each introduced by our fairy names.  I was Tinker Bell and Kate was Fairy Starburst. When Miss Jo asked me my name I said loud and proud, "Tinkerbell." And when she asked what Tinkerbell does, I said, "she fixes things." And I said it nice and loud!!!! Then we acted like fairies and collected dewdrops in our fairy pot.  It was fun. I was super excited and was so giggly, wiggly and jumpy. Mommy said it looked like I was on a sugar high I was having so much fun :)

Our second performance was from the book "The Midnight Fairies".  I was a midnight fairy and Kate was the little girl named Meghan who lost her necklace in our garden.

At the end of each performance we got to bow...and everyone cheered for us!

Everyone was so proud of my acting skills. They said they could tell I was really enjoying myself and was really into my character :)

After the performance Aunt Anne got Kate and me roses for being such great actresses!  It was so cool...my first ROSE ever! Just like Belle!

Can't wait until I am in my next play!

Love,
Anna

PS Today when I was getting ready for nap I told mommy and daddy that I was going to take a good nap and then go to fairy camp. They told me that fairy camp was over... and I cried. For like 15 minutes I cried and kept telling them that I love fairy camp and Miss Jo and want to go everyday. I just didn't understand why it was over. Mommy says that Miss Jo is doing another acting camp in July about Dora the Explorer and I told her I needed to do it! Hopefully she can get me in that camp because I love Miss Jo!!!






 Peaking out from "behind the curtain"













No comments:

Post a Comment