Monday, December 15, 2014

Salt Dough Ornaments

We have been a crafting this holiday season. Most of the posts about what we have made need to wait until after the holidays because most are gifts we are giving :)

But this past week we decided to create salt dough ornaments. Anna and Ashley have been asking me to make their own ornaments like the Santa hand print ones I make every year with their handprint (and am too anal to let them paint so I paint myself). So this year I (I mean we because they wanted to make the entire thing) doubled the salt dough recipe and each girl got to make 5 ornaments of her own. Abby even made and painted one. The girls thought it was super special because they got to use "mommy" acrylic paints!

They did a super job and were super meticulous in the entire process. I was very impressed with their painting and patience as well. They would wait for each color to dry while working on another ornament. We spent around 2 hours on these things. And they turned out AWESOME! I can't wait to hang these one our tree every year :)




Top row is Anna's and bottom row is Ashley's. Abby's heart is at the very bottom. Lovely, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment