Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas Eve

We continued the tradition of having the grandparents over for a home cooked meal on Christmas Eve this year and since the Fimmen's were in town, they joined us too :)

We started the night with some Christmas coloring while waiting for everyone to arrive. I made a fabulous mozzarella stuffed avocado, the traditional tomato gorgonzola cream soup, tuscan asparagus, parmesan mushsrooms, parmesan crusted salmon and a homemade toffee icecream pie. It was all fabulous. I just love hosting dinner parties and cooking for others. It is something I wish I did more :) But I look forward to this dinner each year; just a little way to give the grandparents a break during the crazy Christmas season :)

The cousins had so much fun running around the house and playing wile the adults ate, drank and talked. The kids even put on an after dinner performance of Away in a Manger (Anna was Mary). It was adorable. I will upload it soon; it is too cute not too.

We scattered reindeer food as the cousins left, put cookies and milk out for Santa, wrote a letter to Otter and Santa, went upstairs for a bedtime reading about Jesus's birthday and the kids were asleep before we even left the room. Then mommy and daddy elf resumed elf duties and made a little Christmas magic appear beneath the tree :) And then we got to bed at 10. Record. We were in bed Christmas Eve at 10, Yes, I had my %@#$ together this year :)

Merry Christmas Eve!



























No comments:

Post a Comment