Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Life just got brought to a whole new level...

Folks, tonight was a monumental night.

First, I no longer need to depend on Rob to cut things with me with his power saw. I am power sawed certified by the great Rob the builder. And I cut pvc pipe. Lots of pvc pipe. With goggles on.


And why stop there?

I then ventured to get my sewing machine that is still brand new in box from Christmas 8 years ago. I could never make it through the manual and could never figure out how to do the bobbin so I never learned. Well tonight it was different. I laid out the pamphelts, diagrams, and pulled up some you tube videos and got to work.



 In 30 minutes I had gotten the thing all jazzed up and had officially sewn my first sewing machine line.



Then I had to spend some time texting my sister in law Laura because I know she'd be over the moon excited and proud of me. She was :)

And then I created my first sewing project. Now, there were bumps in the road. I had to re-thread the bobbin twice and I had a horrible jam in the bobbin which required me to take apart pieces that I wasn't sure could be put together (don't worry I was patient and was able to put it back together successfully). Now my lines aren't perfectly straight but that will take some time. And managing my lead foot will take some time too. But for now I am over the moon excited at my new learned skill.



And pretty proud of the reason I learned tonight; for this creation.



A PVC pip slingback chair for American Girl Dolls (or any 18 inch doll) for the bargain price at under $4 a piece. Pretty impressive, huh?

I wonder what my next project will be????

No comments:

Post a Comment