Monday, December 15, 2014

Power Struggles

Anna is 5 going on 14.

At least 3-4 times a day for the past 3 weeks it has felt that way.

And isn't 5 too early for PMS?

The whining, backtalk, stomping of the feet, crying and telling me that I am the meanest to her has been going on pretty strong (even though we have been in the clear the last 2 days). Even though it only happens 3-4 times a day it comes on strong and stays strong for a good 5 minutes. I don't know what to do, what to say, how to act. I am new to it all. I must say that in the past 3 weeks I have grown better at handling it and I think the improvement in my reaction to her fits has improved her behavior.

Not that Anna is bad; she is an amazing kid 95% of the time. But WOW has that 5 % of the time been a doozey lately :(

Wish me well. I think I have another 15 years of it coming my way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment