Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cheerleading

One of the coolest things about living at Mom and Papa's house is that sometimes I get to go with Mom and drop off and pick up Kate from preschool (my school in the fall). We then take a trip past my new house and see if the people have moved out yet. Well today I got to do something totally awesome; I got to take Kate to Cheerleading.

I was super excited to watch Kate do some cheerleading because she has been teaching me lots of her cheers. So when we got to cheerleading class and Coach Lynn asked if I wanted to participate in class I was so excited and went into class and stood right by Kate.

Mommy was not there to witness my first cheerleading class but Mom was. And she thinks cheerleading is in my future; like my very near future.

I was out there with Kate and her friends and I was jumping around, yelling the cheers and watching myself cheer in the mirrors. I had a huge smile on my face and loved every minute of the 45 minute class. There was not a timid bone in my little body, I was in my element taking it all in.

When Mom told Mommy about me in class Mommy was super proud of me. She was proud of me and how I didn't stand there with my fingers in my mouth watching the girls in awe (that is how she thought I would act) and that I wasn't shy or timid or intimidated. Instead mom said I looked like I had been cheerleading for months like some of the other girls in the class. Yeah I looked over at Grama from time to time but for the most part I was so focused on doing what Coach Lynn (and Kate) told me to.

And not only was everyone proud of how I acted in class, everyone was SUPER proud of what I did in the middle of class. I told Kate that I needed to go potty and Kate ran me to the door to get Mom. We ran downstairs to the potty and you won't believe it, dry panties. Not a bit wet (I have been having tinkles, not accidents, but enough tinkles to make my panties a little wet). But not this time. Not only did I remember in the middle of all the fun that I had to go potty but that I told Kate AND I also had dry panties. IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!!!! So later Papa, Mommy and I made a trip to the Disney store (more to come on that later).

At the end of class Coach Lynn gave my spirit sparkles on my nose and I was so excited to show them to mommy and daddy. Coach Lynn also said that Kate had her best practice ever and she thinks it was because she was trying so hard to teach me! I can not wait until I turn 3 and can be on Kate's cheerleading team. But for now I will keep cheering "stand up sit down, fight fight fight!!!!"

Love,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment