Friday, May 11, 2012

Barbies

In the last week or so, Anna has found a love for Barbies. AND I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO THRILLED!

When I was a little girl I could have played with Barbies for hours and hours on end. I would dress them, do their hair, feed them, play with them in the Barbie Dream House and pretty much run an entire imaginative world of Barbies all with different voices. I was hoping my daughters would someday have this love since my parents have kept all my old Barbies and the Barbie Dream Mansion. Plus I have bought a lot of clearance Barbies that I can't wait to give to Anna for birthdays or Christmas. And I secretly kind of still like playing with Barbies; shhhhhh! :)

The main thing that I love about Anna right now with Barbies is when she talks for her Barbies they have different voices too! She is super gentle with them and very tedious with all the small parts. We only play with Barbie when Ashley is asleep since the pieces are too small for Ashley and Anna adores this time. I can literally sit back and watch her play with them (and listen to their voices) for 30 minutes or so. She normally is very quiet (except for occasional Barbie talk) and sets the dinner table with lots of food, has Barbie play with her vacuum cleaner, has them go potty and brush their teeth, puts them to bed, dresses them (she needs my helps with this), brushes their hair or mimics other things she has seen me do with them. It is an absolute hoot to watch her!



I love this one. Anna was having Barbie talk to her Daddy on the cell phone!

Much Love,
Jenny

PS I am kind of overwhelmed with the fact that my baby is old enough to play with Barbies. She is growing up so fast and I am proud of how she is becoming such a beautiful, kind and loving girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment