Tuesday, May 15, 2012

15 months old

Note to self.... NEVER try to get a monthly picture of a 15 month old alone. You will get the following..... and a headache :)
So EXCITED to turn 15 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are getting closer! Just open your eyes!
Finally got a good one to find out that it was blurry when I uploaded it. What 'cha gonna do? How to win with a stubborn 15 month old :)
Happy 15 months to me!
*I am sleeping great. I am still taking an afternoon nap around 12:30 and they normally last 2 hours (sometimes shorter and sometimes longer). I go to bed around 7 and wake up 11-12 hours later. I sleep in a sleep sack with my pacifier on a string, paci elephant, bear, ducky, and Lambie. Oh and I sleep with a blankie too. I sleep pretty soundly. When mommy checks on me I am sometimes on my back and sometimes on my belly. My pacifier is usually out of my mouth when she checks on me.
*I am eating well. I love to "EAT" and when I'm hungry I let you know by saying "eat!" One of mommy's favorite things about me is when we are in the car she will see my little hand reach out from behind the car seat and hear me demand food by saying "eat." It makes her laugh every time. Also, whenever she says the word snack I yell, "EAT!" I am trying new things but my favorites are cheese, yogurt, fruit (any), crackers, hummus, avocado, ham, mac and cheese and cookies. Oh, I love cheetos too!
*I love birds and love to help Grama scare away back birdies by clapping my hands an saying shoo! I also love her bird book and bring it to people multiple times a day to look at it with me.
*I am walking both up and downstairs like a big girl holding one hand of an adult. I can walk down one or two steps with no help at all. I can run and even march with my knees super high.
*I still do bear dives and love to snuggle with bear and elephant paci on the ground when I am tired.
*I do "excited" (like the picture) whenever I get excited and that's a lot!
*I love feeding myself with a spoon and fork. I am getting better at it everyday.
*I am a huge babbler and will rambler on and on to you very seriously even though no one has a clue what I have just said. I have added a lot of words that can be understood. The ones mommy can remember are: up (uh), down (dow), tickie, turtle (tur tur), fight (I say ight ight ight with my hand pumping into the air when Anna does her cheer), stab (tab when I am using a fork), yeah yeah, Grama (Gama), Grammy (Mammy), eat (ead), stack (staaak), cat, Anna (nana), banana (nanana) hot (hod), Kate (kay),poop, duck (dahk), shoe, more (mar), thank you (nank new), chubber (bubber) and cheese. I put my finger up to my mouth and say "shhhhh" when mommy says be quiet. I also love to point to the fan and say around (rown) and make my head go around and around in circles like the fan. I try lots of words that mommy asks me to say and I am very big at responding back to what mommy asks me to do/say.
*I have added more animal sounds: (not sure what was mentioned for month 14)
Bird: cheep cheep; Elephant: a-loo: Owl: hoo hoo; Bear/Tiger/Lion: Roar; Sheep/Lambie: baa baa; Baby turkey: cheep cheep; Pig: eeek; Bunny: hop hop; Cow: mooo! My favorite animal is still a duck and I can flap my arms when I quack like a duck. This makes mommy laugh really hard!!!!
*I shake my head up and down for yes and back and forth for no when I am trying to say yes or no.
*I have started to do high pitched screams and high pitched whining (it can really drive mommy crazy).
*I love playing. I love to ride Grama's rocky rock horse, love swinging in the swing, love to read books and to have them read to me, love playing with little people, love listening and dancing to music (I do twirls and spins and love to crazy dance/run around with a huge smile on my face),
*I don't really like slides or doing anything too wild and crazy like being thrown in the air. But I do like being held upside down.
*I can point out my ears, eyes, hair, hands, shirt, pants, diaper, socks and shoes when asked.
*I love Peanut. I love to hug him and pat him on his back.
*I am giving more and more people kisses when they ask.
*Mommy feels like I understand 99% of what she says to me. I am a very good listener and respond really well to doing something if asked.
*I am becoming more vocal, independent, strong willed and stubborn. My temper is definitely in full force and is displayed one of two ways. I like to do things my way and I don't like being told the word "no." If something gets taken away from me without being asked, if I am told "no" or if I am carried away from something I want to be playing with I will scream. And I mean scream; sometimes throwing myself on the floor and screaming. It only last 15 or so seconds but it is in full force. If I am told "no" and asked to stop doing something or to give something to someone I will do my quiet temper. I will stick out my bottom lip and run to a corner or a side of the room that no one is in. I will stand there for 30 seconds or so and pout and then return to the group happy as a button. Mommy hopes that since I am beginning the temper thing a bit early that it won't last very long. We will see about that!
*I love my big sister and love playing with her. I am pretty good at sharing and bringing to her all her babies.
*I am a super good cleaner. I love to clean with paper towels and love to pick up toys. Just ask me to clean up and I'll help in some way.
*My hair gets thicker and thicker and more blonde by the day. It makes me really hot on hot days.
*I love to brush my teeth (no tooth paste yet) and do such a good job brushing back and forth)
*I love to color and do a great job scribbling. I love markers but very rarely get to use them since I make such a mess.
*I LOVE my paci. I sleep with 3 during nap and at bedtime and sad story.... I don't get them any other time.... unless I'm sick. Sometimes I find my pacis laying around and hurry up and suck on them as fast as I can to get my paci fix.
*My favorite book is Barnyard Dance and Peekaboo Baby.


What a fun month. We spent almost everyday or part of it outside. And I LOVE being outside!

Love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment