Thursday, December 30, 2010

Timeout

We have started Timeouts....

Being that my current approach to discipline was turning into a game that my child was REALLY starting to enjoy, we had to move on to the next level....

I was simply asking her not to do something (like stand on the couch) and if she didn't listen to me, I would count to three and on three I would correct her behavior.... well it didn't take long for Anna to do what she wasn't supposed to do, look at me and start counting one with her finger up in the air ASKING ME TO COUNT and she would be laughing! Then at three she would smile real big and correct the behavior on her own and then once again go back to doing what she wasn't supposed to do. Yup- little #$@^!

So this morning when she was caught standing on the couch and then later when she was pulling cords that were in an outlet, she found herself in her high chair and crib alone for one minute. And I think she actually understood why she was there because since then she hasn't done either thing again.

So, wish us best of luck as we enter this part of parenthood and continue to try to keep our child safe from possible hurting herself! Oh the joys of parenthood!

Much Love and Happy Birthday to Me!
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment