Monday, December 13, 2010

31 week Dr. Appiontment

Well Big Momma is getting bigger- but only 3 pounds bigger this month :) And is doing and feeling GREAT!

I went in to see my OB for a prenatal check up and all looks well. No gestational diabetes, great blood work, great blood pressure and measuring right on time for a due date around February 15th. Baby Ashley's heart was good and strong; which is always a relief to hear.

It was crazy because at the end of the appointment she told me she'd see me in 2 weeks! HOLY COW! I can not believe we are already at the point where were meet every 2 weeks.... this pregnancy is going SO quickly... good thing the nursery is pretty much done (pictures will come soon- the room is over taken by Christmas presents right now!)

Then later in the evening, Anna and I met Rob at the hospital we are delivering at to fill out the pre admission paperwork... that stuff takes FOREVER and thank god we remembered to do it... I can't imagine sitting in a office chair answering yes and no to my medical history while having contractions the day my water breaks.... that would be horrid!! And Anna was such a good girl- she played with the toy kitchen set they had in the office- and Rob got to ask his "leave my wife alone and let her get good while in the hospital sleep questions." We definitely learned today that we need to be more assertive with what exactly we want the next time around at check in and stay at the hospital.... the nurse said I can request the same AWESOME nurse when we check in and we can request to stay in the same BIG room for delivery and recovery. She also said Rob can patrol the night rounds by being more assertive- and don't worry, he will :) I really like the hospital.

After our hospital visit, Anna and I went and devoured some of the finest mac and cheese this season at Panera bread company while Rob got take out to run to a Deacon's meeting (he rejoined the committee at his church when we moved back to KC). And about the mac and cheese, next time, I am ordering a big person's helping instead of stealing from my daughter's kids meal!

Much Love,
Jenny

3 comments:

  1. The Mac & Cheese there is to die for!
    My Mom will be happy to hear that you love the hospital so much. I'm passing along your kind words to her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bets- I do! The nurses in the maternity place are just so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coop and I were at Panera today too! but no mac and cheese for us, was unaware of its awesomeness! Glad to hear you got good news from the doc,can't believe you will have 2 daughters soon...crazy!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete