Thursday, April 18, 2013

Paint Colors

We came back from Dallas to have our entire entry way, staircase, upstairs hallway, downstairs hallway, downstairs bathroom, living room and dining room painted. This is something we usually don't do, hire someone for DIY jobs, but we knew there was no possible way we could ever do the high ceilings in the entryway and up the staircase. And I am so glad we did hire someone because what she did in 3 days would have probably taken us at least 3 weeks of evening work after the kids went to bed.

I had picked a yellow/beige (with the help of a color consultant) and it looks great! It was a hard match since we have 4 different colors of flooring in the entryway (hardwoods, dark granite tile, beige carpet in living/dining room and dark brown/green carpet up the stairs) and since we weren't changing the floors we had to find a color that would work with all 4. the color consultant said that it will be a tough match with picking a color but now that I see it on the walls I think we did a pretty good job with the color.

Here is a look at the color with my new picture I got down in the westbottoms at the first friday antique warehouses. I can't wait to find more stuff like it... I am in love with it!


And I am not sure if I ever posted pictures of our kitchen color from way back in December when I finished the painting. Here is our current hearth room and it is almost complete.... just waiting on me to find a book case for by the tv, waiting for me to paint our current tv stand black and for me to finish the chalkboard pictures I want for behind the couch. I really need stuff up on that huge wall!




It is a really happy room and makes me feel right at home :)

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment