Sunday, April 21, 2013

Hanging Pictures

The one thing Rob and I hate to do together.

Well I have been bothering him for quite sometime to hang a new clock on our mantle. We used my toothpaste method, measured with precision, remeasured with precision and felt pretty good about where we decided to drill the holes in the woodwork.

And then we got it up.... literally perfect placement vertically and about an inch off horizontally. See for yourselves.


Seriously... throw me a bone.

Makes me want to hurl and scream. Not at Rob, but at the people who made the clock. Apparently the hangers aren't the same distance from the sides and that was the only thing we didn't check. Goes to show what you get for assuming someone actually did something that made sense. Ridiculous that you have to double check that stuff. Goes back to the saying that "to assume is to make an ass out of u and me." No wonder why I so many times just feel the need to double check other peoples work and things myself so they get done right the first time.... If I had only double checked the retailer. Who'd of thunk?!

So for now our clock hangs.... a little off center.... but it hangs. I wonder how long it will take before it will hang perfect? Maybe never at the rate we work with hanging pictures :) I did notice that if you look it from the dining room that it looks perfectly centered!

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment