Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Anna's Spring Musical

Today was Anna's Spring Musical and she was super excited to go to school. She had picked out a Spring time outfit, one with birds and flowers on it, and was super excited to see her friends today. I had told her that Daddy, Mommy, Ashley, Kate, Grama and Grammy would be there after rest time to watch her sing all her preschool songs. She seemed excited but I had no clue if she really understood what was happening. But she did tell me that she would sing VERY loud and screamed her favorite preschool song to me (just in case you're wondering it's between "the great big tarantula" and "5 little monkeys" so she sand them both).

We were super excited to see Anna preform and got there early enough to get front row seats. Of course Ashley was being perfect for the 15 minutes we waited and RIGHT when Anna's class started walking in, she had to get up and start walking. And when she saw Anna the only thing Ashley wanted was her big sister. So we had tears. And screaming. So in an attempt to settle Ashley down (don't worry we did right as the performance was starting- thanks Grama) I missed recording possibly my favorite part of the performance... Anna walking in and seeing us for the first time. Her hands were in her mouth (of course) and when she saw us she lit up... I mean lit up! She started bouncing, smiling and waving uncontrollably! She was SO excited to see us. It was precious. But luckily I got the "show" recorded that you can watch below.

If you had asked me before we saw Anna what she would be like during the singing, I would have told you that:

1. hands would be in the mouth
2. She would be bouncing up and down in excitement
3. She would be smiling and acting shy and not singing much

Of course, like Anna does a lot, she exceeded my expectations and shocked me. Yes, hands were in the mouth a little and she was quietly singing in the beginning but she did awesome. She was glowing and you could just tell how much she loves being at school, how much she loves singing and how much she loves her teachers. It was so cool to see someone else outside of her family making her so, so, so happy. Anna was in her element. And during the last 3 songs I actually could hear her sweet little voice singing the songs.

I am so proud of you Anna Banana!! You constantly surprise me :)

Class Picture

According to Anna her best friends are: Lainey (3rd from left), Hank (4th from left), Will (6th from left), Ella (on her left side) and Kendall who was sick today.

 Pictures during the 5 little monkeys song





 Is she having fun or what?!?!?!


 Looking at the program!
 Mom, I found me! I look like Belle in her blue dress!
 With Miss Wozniak (one of her teachers)
 With her buddy (and future prom date?!?!?!) Hank
 With her other teacher Mrs Schorgl
 And her cheering section!!!!




 Anna's FAN CLUB!!!!! (With touchdown Jesus in the background!!!)

Videos





Much Love,
Jenny

PS Right before bed Anna looked at me and said, "Mommy this was a very fun and happy day."

No comments:

Post a Comment