Friday, April 12, 2013

33 weeks (okay... 33 1/2 weeks!)



Feeling large and the waddle is in full effect. It is hard to bend over and put on my own shoes so I mostly just slip on my cowboy boots. This eliminates one need to bend over (never mind me putting on the kids shoes). My lower back pains by the end of the afternoon. I am waking with body aches in the middle of the night through the morning. I am tired but somehow find the energy to make it through the day until Rob gets home to me. Everything smells and I am so ready to not be pregnant so everything doesn't smell so potent.
As for the baby, she is kicking/moving tons still (since 20 weeks she has been beating on me)and as of yesterday I think she has shifted head down.

Doctor visits are onto appointments every 2 weeks. Nothing very exciting happening at them: weight check, blood pressure check, measure my belly, and listen to heart beat. I will start weekly appointments at 36 weeks. Today we went to the doctor and I had been having some pains the last 24 hours with my bowel movements and was happy to be seeing the doctor. Let's just say it's been extremely uncomfortable and I was in tears this afternoon. Turns out that the doctor confirmed my thoughts that baby girl has positioned herself onto my pelvic and is head down and engaged. She says I have dropped lower but it's nothing that's not normal for a 3rd pregnancy around this time. Her butt protrudes out the right side of my belly and the little monkey is still kicking hard! Her heart beat is strong and she kept kicking the doctor and the doctor named her "wild child!" When the girls heard the heart beat (they were both there) they looked at each other, smiled and said, "The baby!!!!!!!!" They are super excited but also unsure. Since we were talking pretty serious with the doctor about the position of the baby, Ashley kept asking, "Mommy, you ok?" over and over again and Anna kept asking me why I looked so worried and serious. Man, they pick up on everything!!!! I see the doctor in two Wednesdays (I will be a little over 35 weeks) and at that time she will do a strep test and check to see if I am progressing with labor. Please pray and hope no bed rest! I will then meet for internal checks every week until the misses arrives! Please, please, please let me last at least 38 weeks! The longer she can cook, the better (even if I am miserable!)

This past week was spent trying to get baby stuff ready. We have the newborn napper and pack an play set up in our bedroom. She will stay there for 2 months and then move into our closet; I just don't want to have to walk far in the middle of the night when I am exhausted to get her. When she is sleeping long stretched during the night (around 4 or 5 months), she will then move into Ashley's room and Ashley will move into Anna's room with Anna. The plan is set.... now just trying to get this house in order.... just not enough time or energy. Anna and Ashley bought her lovies; Ashley got her a birdie blankie and Anna got her a ballerina bunny baby. They have been washed and will be packed for the hospital. I have done 2 of 4 loads of baby laundry and hope to finish that up this weekend and have it all organized in out linen closet.

Both girls shower my belly with daily kisses, hugs and chubbers. Anna has lately started talking about how the baby will be in big girl bed when she's big like her; I keep reminding her that the baby is much too small to even think about that. Ashley will randomly talk about the baby in mommy's belly. She always tells Anna to be careful of the baby in my belly when she is snuggling with me. Both will definitely have have some adjustment when the baby arrives, as do all kids. I think Anna will be an amazing helper but don't want her to get ignored since she's so un-needy and independent. Ashley will be fine once she allows Daddy to do the stuff she always wants mommy to do. We will watch Ashley like a hawk though :)

Well, that's the current update on mommy and baby girl. Hopefully there is nothing more exciting to report for another 6 weeks!

Much Love,
Jenny








No comments:

Post a Comment