Friday, July 13, 2012

My Friday Night Project

When I envisioned the kitchen in my new home, I envisioned white. Tons of white cabinets, light, airy, bright.

Well, we have the exact opposite, black. Now I like the black, don't get me wrong, but it's just entirely different then what I had been planning on. Meaning that I am at point 0 with my decorating ideas. Which is okay, because it's fun, but I am ready to start making this place our place.

So, here is my attempt at lightening the black kitchen cabinets without totally repainting them.... My Friday Night Project

Before:



After:




Took two cabinet doors off, stacked our most commonly used white plates and bowls and mugs and then decorated with some white milk glass (thanks to all the garage sales lately. I seriously score each piece for around 50 cents each!!). And of course this project required me rearranging EVERY top shelf in the kitchen!

I don't know, what do you think??? I think I am getting closer to figuring out where to go from here!!!

Maybe using one of these color schemes? What do you think?!?!?

white wall.... black cabinets..... coral/red hearth...... light teal eat area (or vice versa on the hearth and eat in)
one white wall around cabinets and extending into hearth?????? hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Just LOVE the fabric..... would love to upholster chairs painted this teal color with that red fabric print. awesome
or instead of red coral do I want orange coral???
Much Love,
Jenny

1 comment: