Friday, November 28, 2014

Swimming Update

I am so relieved and proud of Ashley to say that as of 3 weeks ago our 2 month "I don't like swimming" is over!!!

We lived through 2 months of waking up in the morning not wanting to go to swimming lessons and crying through parts of the lessons. I thought about taking a break and not making her take the lessons but the problem was that halfway through EVERY class she would look at me and smile and tell me how much she LOVED swimming lessons and couldn't wait for the next week. So Ashley had me confused on how she really felt about swimming. I honestly think it was attention seeking behavior (which worked) so I am glad we stuck with it.

She had been getting private lessons at group prices since the beginning of August and 3 weeks ago we decided to switch her to a class with kids swimming at her ability level. She got switched into a class of kids who at one point all went to school with or knew Anna. So she was thrilled! She now gets to swim with Ella and Will from Anna's day out class, Jake from Anna's last year preschool class and our 5 year old neighbor Clare. Ashley couldn't be more excited about this. She is back to how she was in the beginning of September with swimming and is swimming great!

Way proud of you Ash Ash!

PS She did a front flip and a back flip for the first time last week. I think gymnastics and her positive attitude towards swimming has helped my 3 3/4 year old do this a such a young age!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment