Friday, November 28, 2014

Anniversary Day Date :)

On our actual anniversary, Rob's mom and dad were so kind to watch the girls most of the afternoon and into the evening so we could enjoy a day date together. And we took FULL advantage of that time gifted to us!

This date was also the day we saw Santa down at City Market so we decided to eat lunch and celebrate our wedding with the girls at Harry's Country Club. It was also the place Rob first ate with my parents 7 plus years ago :) We had a good lunch and then headed next door to pick out some desserts to surprise Grammy and Poppy with!





We left Rob's parents house around 2 and for the next 8 1/2 hours had the greatest time.

First Stop- Boulevard Brewery. We had been here the summer after we first started dating (over 7 years ago) and a lot had changed with the brewery. The tour was great (I highly recommend it) and the free beer was even better. We then stayed after in the tasting room to try other beers as well.







Stop 2: The Scout Statue. I made fun of Rob for wanting to take us there (apparently this was where homosexuals met at sunset on Saturday nights) and it was sunset on a Saturday night but we went anyway. And I am glad we did. We had the most remarkable sunset and I made Rob climb up to be with the Scout. What a beautiful view of KC too!










Stop 3: Downtown Costco to stock our wine shelf. Impressive beer and wine collection Costco, Please come to Kansas.



Stop 4: Bowling at Ward Parkway Lanes (Another one of our favorite and early past dates). We ended up playing 3 games, 2 of which Rob won but overall I had the highest average by 15. You decide who won. I am no fool, bowlers are ranked by their averages over a span of games.... I had the highest average, therefore I won. end of story.




Stop 5: Tatsu's French Restaraunt. Oh my. Stuff avocado, goat cheese salad, seared scallops and mushrooms in a lemon sauce. It was delightful. The staff was awesome- I think everyone wished us Happy Anniversary. (My phone died. Pictures soon to come from Rob's phone!)

Stop 6: Cheesecake Factory for a brownie sundae. Had to send it back to make it warm (who makes a cold brownie sundae?!?!!) but it was heaven. We had to tel the waiter we didn't care what it looked like, we just wanted it warm to get him to do it. Weird. Then we watched the end of the MU football game and then headed back to Jim and Mary's.



It was some of the best 8 1/2 hours I have had in a while. Yes, I love my children but I also love my husband :) Thanks again Jim and Mary!

No comments:

Post a Comment