Monday, November 3, 2014

Surprise Picnic at Arboretum

I am so behind on this blog (literally I have over 20 posts in draft mode with pictures uploaded just waiting for me to write about them) that I decided to start fresh by updating the blog with the most current stuff and filling in the last 2 weeks sometime within the next week or so. I blame the Royals and their amazing October Post Season Appearance (and the fact that Rob attended 3 of the World Series games) and the latest 10 day hand, foot and mouth plague. Bear with me :)

To the present....

Today I picked up the girls from school and surprised them with a picnic lunch at the Arboretum. I figured we needed to get out of our house for a while since we have been on lock down with hand, foot and mouth for over the past week.

The Arboretum was having a Fall Scarecrow exhibit. I wouldn't exactly call it a scarecrow exhibit; more like a Halloween/Fall exhibit. Nonetheless the girls LOVED it! We hadn't been there in quite some time so it was nice to get back to one of our old stomping grounds.

We spent over 2 hours outside in the beautiful 68 degree afternoon. We had was will probably be our last picnic lunch of 2014, visited the kids train garden, walked through the scarecrow exhibit and just ran around the gardens. It was a glorious afternoon.

And what made it even more glorious was that since Abby has been walking so well lately (she actually prefers walking to crawling/walking on knees now!!!) she was able to run around the gardens as well. Meaning I was free to enjoy the day with no child strapped around my body. Who-hooo!!!! I like when they are babies but when they are walking it makes outdoor activities much more enjoyable!

I hope for more November days like this one :) Preferably on the weekend so Daddy can join :)


 Anna insisted on pulling the wagon most of the time there.




 Fun with pumpkins!!!





 Even though Abby LOVED her independence and ability to walk by herself, she was most commonly seen still holding onto that one finger of mine that she likes to walk with :)





 Spooky Halloween Exhibit and FAIRY HOUSES!!!

 LOVE this





PS All these pictures were taken with my new phone.... nice, huh?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment