Friday, July 26, 2013

Starlight Theatre

 

 Last night I surprised the girls with what they thought was "one of the best things ever."... tickets to go see The Little Mermaid at Starlight Theatre. Grama and the Hortons joined Anna, Ashley and me for a night of absolute fun! The Little Mermaid is my absolute favorite Disney movie so I was pretty pumped up as well :)


I had checked the weather report that morning before ordering the tickets (we ordered them at 9 the morning of the show) and it said that the rain shouldn't start until really late thursday/early Friday morning. Well, they were wrong. As we left the house it was down pouring. So we decided that we would still go and watch it "Under the Sea!" But luckily as we got closer the rain passed through and we were safe!

We started the night with a subway picnic dinner and then went in for the pre event activities. The girls got tatoos, met pirates and princesses, watched Scottish dancers and took all sorts of pictures. It did rain a bit during this part but it was nothing that a little poncho couldn't handle! We were so excited!

















 Ashley really liked this spot during the rain.... she kept saying it was like inside!






We got cotton candy for dessert and then the show started. Honestly I was shocked at how well my children did. They went to the bathroom before the show and during intermission so we never had to get up during the show. They seat hopped from their seats to my lap or Grama's but that was fine. They even talked a bit (which annoyed this one lady in front of us but hey--- it's the little mermaid). I guess I should say Anna talked a bit. She was constantly asking us questions about why things were different from the book and why things were happening the way they were. She was totally digging the show. Ashley would ask things like "what they singing about mama?" and when Anna would talk she'd turn around and put her finger on her mouth to tell her to be quiet (can you tell I had been doing that?!?!?) It started raining lightly towards the end of the performance but we manned it out and the girls wouldn't have told you it ever rained they were so in tune with the show. They even wanted to stay through all the bowing and clapping!



 She didn't use these for long :)

 At intermission (Aerial had just gotten human legs) I asked Anna was her favorite part was and she told me the parts where Aerial was a mermaid (so the whole thing!) At the end when I asked her what her favorite parts were she told it when Aerial was a mermaid and a human. And then she said that Aerial is slowly becoming her favorite princess! When I asked Ashley which parts were her favorite she told me that she liked the eels, Ursula, the storm and all the scary parts. She also liked Prince Eric's ship but was upset that the show didn't have a puppy dog like Max in the book. (Pictures are taken from their facebook website)














The girls exceeded me every expectation and was shocked that they were still up at 11 with no fits or fights. You have to understand, our girls go to be around 7:30 and we have barely ever kept them up later; let alone to 11. But we did it and I'd do it again- it was so awesome!

On the way home the girls talked for the first 15 minutes and then Anna looked at Ashley and said, "Please stop talking. I HAVE to sleep!" And then it was quiet and Anna was out like a light. Ashley finally threw in the towel 10 minutes later (just couldn't beat the dark raining night driving on the highway!)

Much Love,
Jenny

PS Daddy had a great date night with Abby at home :)

PSS Growing up our family had season tickets to starlight theatre and I loved every minute there. I loved bringing my family there and I hope it starts a tradition of going to Starlight. I sure hope our girls continue to want to continue seeing shows with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment