Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Adventures of Dora and Deigo Camp

Last week Anna went to Adventures with Dora and Deigo theatre camp at BV rec with the same teacher (Ms. Jo) who taught her at fairy theatre camp. She had a good time even though she wasn't really at all familiar with Dora.

In one play Anna was one of the 10 Dora's who were returning books to the library (they learned to count to 10 in Spanish but I am not sure if Anna learned it!) In the other she was an elephant. This explains a lot because starting last week Anna has been driving me crazy with blowing raspberries with her lips. Well I know understand where she picked it up... apparently elephants make sounds like blowing raspberries with your lips. So now when I ask her to stop she says, "But I"m an elephant!"

I can see the effects of the camp wearing off onto her. She continues to do performances at home and her imagination is becoming better day by day. She even sounds like how Ms. Jo teaches them when she's playing with Ashley. So even if she picks up an annoying habit or two (like elephant raspberry noises) I guess it's worth it!

When I asked her which camp she liked better, she smiled and yelled "Fairies!!!" This didn't surprise me one bit!

She just loves Ms. Jo!
She just happened to be in class with one of cousin Kate's best friends (And Anne's best friend from high school daughters) Sydney and her younger sister Ella.
Here she is blowing raspberries like an elephant!


Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment