Sunday, July 7, 2013

Pretend Play

These two have become pretty awesome with pretend play. They are often found in the playroom playing with their Barbies or princess and doggie figurines together or separately. And every time they play I can hear the cutest little voices coming from the room. Although sometimes I hear screaming when one girl has the other's favorite toy... but that's another story :)

Anna used to not like it when I would watch her or be in the same room as she was playing but lately she has started to ask me to play with her. And when we play she pretty much sits back and watches what I do. And then the next day I see her doing exactly what we had done/played together. It is pretty cute.

The fact that the girls can easily entertain themselves with pretend play is a life savor during nursing and during dinner prep. I may end up tripping over toys as I walk up/down the stairs or not be able to see carpet at times but it's totally worth the time it gives me to do the things I need to do like nurse/clean/cook. It also reminds me of myself when I was younger. I could literally sit alone for hours and play with my Barbies, ponies and other figurine type toy. It brings back good memories to see the girls playing just like I did!


Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment