Sunday, May 5, 2013

Week 36 and a half

We are in MAY! That means 25 more days until this baby is due to arrive!


How's mommy feeling?

The days vary. One day earlier this week, I was in so much pain due to the position of the baby and her dropping (I am pretty sure she is lower). I couldn't get in a comfortable position ; even laying down barely relieved the pain. But today and most of the other days I have felt good... for being 36 weeks pregnant. Walking up the stairs drains me, I try to be on the couch most of the time, I am having Braxton hicks contractions all the time and this weird lower belly tightening (due to my abs just not being that strong anymore- says the doctor), my lower back aches by the time I am in bed, am sleeping just alright due to shifting positions and having to pee throughout the night, I am still growing larger, not eating a ton but craving sweets and trying to enjoy this "calm" before we add a 3rd child to our lives.

What the doctor had to say today at our 36 week check up this past Friday!

She said that I look like I am carrying the baby super low. She confirmed that when she pressed on my belly :) She said I was 36 weeks and 2 days along and that the heart beat sounds great. She says I will continue to have more and more of that weird lower belly tightening as we enter the final weeks. And then she said see ya next week :)

How is baby doing?

She is taking up more and more space but still managing to kick at me and move around. She is definitely slowing down due to lack of space. She is super strong and feels as though she is leaning into my belly (opposed to how Anna and Ashley leaned into my back). It is very common for me to feel her hiccuping throughout the day and especially when laying in bed.

I am hoping this baby stays in me until at least after May 15th (Anna's last day of day out). That would make life a lot more easy! Plus I have some items on my to do list that I still want to get crossed off; but amazingly it is shrinking day by day!

Much Love,
Jenny

PS My favorite thing Anna said this week: The first thing she told me when she woke up was, "Morning Mommy, Is baby still in belly? Oh. Well when she coming out?!?!"

PSS And then she asked me how I was going to get the baby out of my belly. And she would not settle on the "baby fairy helps mommy." So I told her I had to push it out of my front (that is what we call her vagina) and her face went blank. Then about 10 seconds later I got a "WOW!That is where my pee pee comes from!" Oh please don't go telling your friends at school :)

PSSS I am officially full term (37 weeks) on Tuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment