Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Need Bandaids...


Early one morning as I am on the couch in the living room I hear a clunk, clunk, clunk from the kitchen. I jump up to see what it is (because Ashley had left the room 30 seconds prior) and find the above.

Yup... fully carrying a chair her size up the stairs. I ask her if she needs help and of course get a no and then walk up carefully behind her as a spotter. Then I ask why she is carrying a chair and through all her huffing and puffing she tells me, "I bring it upstairs. Give me a booster for bandaids. I need bandaids. I get them myself." So I follow her into my bathroom where she puts the chair down in front of the sink, climbs up and reaches for the bandaids. PROBLEM: they are too far back on the sink top. So then I ask her if she needs help and as if she hasn't heard me she yells, "Anna, help me please!!!!" In a split second Anna is there helped her get into the bandaids.

Oh my Ashley. I love you so much but sometimes I'd just wish you'd ask for help :)

Much Love,
Jenny

PS A side note. Later that day Ashley is wearing a long dress and Anna tells me she wants to wear one like Ashley. But Anna doesn't have a long one in her size. Ashley looks at Anna and says, "that's okay Anna. You ask for it for happy birthday like me."

No comments:

Post a Comment