Monday, May 20, 2013

False Alarm

So this Saturday we went to the hospital.... and FALSE ALARM!


Contractions had started around 2 that afternoon and by 5:00 I was having them every 5-7 minutes with varying degrees of pain. None of the contractions ever got too painful but they felt like the ones I had once I was induced with Anna and after my water broke with Ashley. So I gave my doctor a call and she said if I have 6 in the next hour to go in to the hospital and get checked out. Well, I had 8 that next hour.

So my mom came and got the girls and we headed to the hospital. I was admitted and monitored for 2 hours. During this time my contractions were coming every 4-5 minutes with varying degrees of pain. I did not dialate or thin anymore then I was the day before so they sent me home. The contractions lasted until I feel asleep around 9:30 that day and haven't felt many since.


So..... don't you think a girl who has had 2 kids should know when labor is starting? Well apparently I don't :) The nurse did make me feel better and said that it is not uncommon for a pregnant person to undergo series of contractions that feel like labor contractions hours after losing "the plug."

Well, wish me better luck on my next trip to the hospital :)

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment