Tuesday, May 14, 2013

patio!

Around 2 months ago we decided to hire someone to tear out our existing deck and put in a patio that would span twice the size and make our small backyard feel bigger and more open. Well, demolition day was yesterday and here is our deck now:

Now it's not like me to not get a before picture but I honestly was not expecting the patio project to start so early so I thought I had plenty of time to take a pic. And the guy rang the doorbell when I was halfway through a nap and the only thing I was thinking about at that point was more sleep!

But I did get a picture of what it looked like after only 3 hours of work yesterday. (You can see where our old deck stopped; at the point where the paint on our siding looks horrendous!) When we went out to take this picture Anna looked at me and said, "Mommy, our deck doesn't look very good!"


And 3 hours of work today.
Anna was so cute. Today after speech class we went to get our weekly doughnut and she decided that the workers would love doughnuts too. So we bought them some doughnut holes. Anna went to deliver them, they smiled and said thanks and as Anna was walking away she beamed at me and said, "Mommy, that was very nice of me wasn't it?!?!"

I just love that girl! And my future patio too!!!!

I will post when it is complete.... we are having another beautiful day tomorrow so fingers crossed we get poured concrete tomorrow and that it is ready to start up the grill this weekend :)

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment