Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ribbon Cutting Party

It's official!





The ribbon has been cut, the keys have been handed over and we are officially IN our new home! We couldn't be more excited and are totally in LOVE with it! As I was driving to get the key from the realtor, my stomach was churning in excitement. Honestly, I only remember one other time I was more excited and that was my wedding day. Yes I was excited when I found out I was pregnant and when I had my babies but it was a different excitement because oh I was scared of the unknown. There was no unknown to this excitement; we were getting the home our both Rob and my dreams!!!

When Anna showed up at the house for the first time she comes running to me with open arms, gives me a huge hug and with one of the biggest smiles EVER says, "I so happy to be at my new house!" This girl truly understood everything we had been telling her the last 3 months about our new house and I think might have been just as excited as we were (pretty hard to imagine but I think she just might have been!)
 
Her energy and enthusiasm was amazing as she ran from every room (Ashley tailing behind her) saying comments like:

*When she saw her yard out the window for the first time, she gasped and threw her arms on top of her head and screamed, "My YARD!!!!!"
 
*"MY purple like Barney Room! My purple bed! Me go see my purple bed!" As I am reminding her that the walls are still pink.... she took it fine and did several somersaults in her new room.
 
*"NEIGHBORS!!! My friends!" when she saw neighborhood kids (probably 10 years old) out a window.
 
*Grama: "Anna, what would Peanut say about your new house?"
  Anna: "HOLY MOLY!!!!!"
*"MY swings!"
 
*"My potty!!! I love my potty!"
*"The very nice peoples in my house are all gone!"

"awesome!!! Awesome!! Awesome!!" Even Ashley was stoked running from room to room and having an all out dance party in the dining/living room. She also LOVED to pretend to be sleeping on the floor in her room where her crib would be, loved the seat in mommy and daddy's bathtub and LOVED the mirrors we inherited from the previous owners (not as much as mommy does though!). She was a hoot mimicking her sister!
 
We are currently in the clean and paint everything before the PODS get delivered on Thursday mode and it is going well. I can honestly say that I have never enjoyed cleaning so much; nor have I ever appreciated how clean baseboards can be! Thanks to my mom and mother in law, I have been able to spend lots of time during the day and at night over at the new house getting it clean and painting the girls rooms (Anna's Purple People Eater room is almost done; just another coat on 2 of the walls). And thanks to my mom's elbow grease this morning, it can pretty much be said that the first floor is sparkly clean!

We hope to finished up the cleaning and painting by mid day Thursday so that Thursday and Friday can be devoted to the heavy moving and unpacking so that we can be in the house as a family Saturday! CAN. NOT. WAIT!

Much Love,
Jenny






















1 comment:

  1. Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures of the new place. Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete