Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cousin Henry's T-ball Game

Last night after we closed on our house, we had a nice picnic dinner before meeting Grammy, Poppy, Uncle Aaron and Frances for Henry's first t-ball game. We even got to play in the park and in the gazebo. during the time in the gazebo Anna met two girls in the gazebo and was just chatting away. It was adorable, I wish I had videotaped it.

The conversation went something like this.... Anna was the first to talk....

Anna: Hi. I'm Anna. This is Ashley. That my mommy and daddy (pointing to us about 50 feet away) Where your mommy daddy?
Girls: Over there. Why is her (Ashley's) face so messy?
Anna: Ashley mess. Me give her cherries and has cheery face. Mess. (The girls looked absolutely confused because they pretty much had no clue what Anna had just said).

And then I just kept hearing Anna chat away (most of what we couldn't make out because she wasn't talking loud enough).

I just love those moments when they are on their own and THRIVING! I just wish I could be a little birdie to watch them as they experience things like this. Anna is becoming so social and it is going to be so fun watching her at the neighborhood pool and meeting all her neighbors. (By the ay I met a neighbor that has a little girl who just turned 3! awesome!!!!!! Anna can't wait!)

Anyways, back to the game. We got to see Henry's first at bat, watch him play first and third base and got to see him in his baseball loving element. He did a great job! I can't wait for our girls to get involved in sports and activities like this, but for now I will just live it through my nieces and nephews! The girls had fun trying to find Henry on the field but for the most part they wanted to roll down the hill, walk to the gazebo, go potty in the church and play on the playground. Honestly, who can really blame them?!?!?!

Watching her big cuz play third base (he's number 4)
Anna running up the hill and Ashley running away to the game or to the gazebo!

ROLLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment