Tuesday, June 12, 2012

16 months

 Happy 16 months old Ashley!

One and Done BABY! Can you believe this was the first picture I took, even without Daddy's help? Much better then last month!


*Sleeping great. Still going to bed around 7 and waking around 6:30. She is napping around 12:30 and sleeping 2- 2 1/2 hours. She loves sleeping with Bear, her sleep sack, her pacifier elephant, blankie and paci on paci strap. She sleeps with a loud fan.
*She is still eating fine but is still picky. She still loves the basic mac and cheese, hot dogs, tacos, ham, cheese, cucumbers, avocado, hummus, tofu, any berry and most fruits and any processed chip, cracker or cookie. This girls loves sweets and junk food!!! NEW food of the month that she loved: mom's eggplant parmesan!
*She drinks her milk slowly throughout the day but is drinking a little over 2 sippy cups of milk each day.
*If I ask her please she usually gives me anything I ask her too.
*She loves to brush her teeth in the morning and usually reminds me by running into Anna's bathroom, climbing up on the step and literally climbing up on the sink to reach her toothbrush. She is a monkey! When I mention toothbrush she literally runs to get it.
*In the past she has waved and said bye but now she is waving bye while saying it almost every time she leaves a person in a room, drives away in the car, and when someone else says bye. It is super cute to see her do this with her huge smile.
*My favorite thing about Ashley are her bear hugs and huge kisses she gives me out of the blue. She will run up to me, wrap her arms around me, squeeze as hard as she can, pull back and sloop the best kiss on my lips and hug me again. I don't want those to EVER stop!
*Words: Word World, Anna is sounding more and more like Anna, pool, skis (squeeze), ahhhhh (for princess) and still using all the words that I have listed the previous months. She has a great vocabulary and is very clear for her age. She says Anna EASILY over 200 times a day.
*Favorite toys: She loves books, dancing, little people, baby dolls, her stroller, her duck, her Strawberry Shortcake toys (Orange Blossom and Raspberry Tart), water toys of any kind (especially the spray bottle) and pretty much anything that Anna has. She loves to put her babies to bed, like Anna, and she shushes them while doing so. Too cute!
*She loves watching TV (on the rare occasion that she gets to) and LOVES Word World (the duck!)
*Favorite Books are the paperback ones with paper pages. She still loves barnyard dance but she is really interested in all of Anna's books; especially princess ones.
*She has tons of energy (literally wakes up running) and is a HUGE climber. When I say huge climber I have found her in her high chair, on a table, on Anna's sink, on top of a bed and climbing on things that I had never thought possible. (Don't worry she is supervised during these climbs!)
*She has been a bit whiny lately but I think it's mostly due to those 4 molars that are still trying to come in since her 15 month check up a month ago. They are so swollen.
*She loves to do everything her sister does and loves all the same toys her sister does. I swear she is the oldest 16 month old ever!
*This kid hates diaper changes. Wait, let me rephrase that. She HATES diaper changes. This is pretty new and she literally screams bloody murder then entire time we change her poopy or not
*Loves sucking on her toes (especially when in car seat!)
*Loves to squeeze our nose and say "onk onk" for honk. honk!
*She's really into bringing things to people that belong to them while saying their names; especially Anna. She loves bringing me my shoes and water bottle. She loves bringing Anna her shoes, bunny, her toys and books. It really is quite cute!
*When I hold her she gives me pats on my back all the time. It's as if she's telling me that life is just GREAT!
*When she is naked, or anyone else is naked, she does "cluck, cluck, cluck" with her tongue and pats her belly. This is her telling us to do the "naked chubbers; cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck!" chant!!

We love you Ashley. you make us smile every day.

Much Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment