Friday, June 29, 2012

Garden

When we moved in the garden box was already there filled mostly to the top with soil. So the only thing that had to be done was to set up the chicken wire fence around the plot, since we have tons of bunnies (no squirrels yet) in our yard, and transfer the plants.  I had watched my dad do the chicken fencing so it saved a lot of time when trying to figure out what to do. And as for transferring the plants I just held mt tongue right hoping that they wouldn't break!

Rob and I completed this project in just over an hour the first Sunday we were in the house after we had put the girls to bed. And I must say I was super proud of how much I did in comparison to the Jenny with no green thumb of the past. I actually was the one to dig the hoes and transfer the plants from the pots (we had stored them at my parents for about a month now) to their new spot. And I did great! I am also the one who has watered them everyday (sometimes twice if it is super hot- we have had tons of 100 degree days already). I also have picked one tomato and a cucumber that we are eating tonight for dinner. YUM!


Oh and yeah, this is what my vegetable drawer looks like in my refrigerator. I am taking care of my parents garden and flowers while they are away for 3 weeks (yes, I don't know who is going to die first; the plants or me during these last remaining 2 weeks). And needless to say, their cucumber plants are doing great! I would be lying if I said I have picked any less then 3 dozen cucumbers this past week. We eat maybe 4 a day. Anyone have cucumber recipes???? We are pretty much getting sick of cucumbers and hummus!
 
About 2 weeks ago, I had purchased 3 hanging baskets of flowers for our front walkway. And I"m happy to say that not only are they alive, but they are thriving!!!!!! Maybe I have more of a green thumb then I thought; or maybe I am just watering them daily.... ")




Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment