Monday, December 5, 2011

Dandy.... just Dandy....

Today I made brown sugar meatloaf. It was supposed to be an easy dinner with an easy clean up. While making it, I noticed this......

 and this....




and now our cabinet looks like this.....

Yes. We have mice. I am utterly disgusted (I could barely eat my Reese's peanut butter cup for dessert), embarrassed (I thought the droppings I had found earlier were poppyseeds.... I had obviously never seen mouse droppings before and am questioning my knowledge of poppyseeds), grossed out near the point of gagging up my dinner, very jumpy (I spilled a bag of rice while cleaning) and seeking revenge.....

I will get you little suckers.... I will kill you.... I will eliminate you! Rob will throw you out to decompose when we catch you...... you will die. DIE. I sound heartless but I do not have an inkling of a "thing" for mice. If it were Ratitouille making me amazing dinners I would reconsiders or even if it was Fifel from American Tale singing "Somewhere Out There" I might let them hang around but it's not. It's pesky outside mice trying to bring disease and filth into my house. I will probably dream of the huge mouse from The Nutcracker tonight.... he always scared me.

My mom keeps trying to tell me that every house gets mice (it's that time of the year) and even she has had mice- Dad stepped on a mole the other day.  Rob believed they are contained in the cabinet where our food was (completely gagging and don't worry most of it was thrown away) and keeps telling me, "Jenny, they're just mice." As if these two things are supposed to calm me.

So now not only am I living in an old house that won't sell; I am living in an old house that won't sell with mice..... SWEET!

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment