Monday, December 5, 2011

10 to 3 = homebound

The hardest thing right now about having two kids on different nap schedules is the fact that we have to be home (or somewhere with two pack n plays) for a 6 hour stretch. It is nice having Ashley on a 2 nap schedule; she is sleeping longer too! There used to be overlap with Anna's midday nap but since Ashley's naps are happening later and longer (!!!!) we are lucky to get a couple of minutes of overlap/breathe time. The lack of overlap is tiring but on the plus side, it does give me more one on one time with my girls (which on most days I LOVE!)

So our day has been looking like this lately:

6:30-7: Ashley wakes up
7:15-7:30: Anna wakes up
7:45: Breakfast
8:15-9:30: Gym or morning errands
10ish: Ashley breastfeeds and sleeps anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour and 45 minutes. (Usually a little over an 1 hour) While I am putting Ashley to bed, Anna is watching Barney or World Word and is in HEAVEN!!!
*If Ashley wakes up early, we can usually squeeze in errands with a later lunch/later Anna nap time.
12:00: Lunch
1:00: (can sometimes be pushed up/back 30-45 minutes): Anna's nap. This is the HARDEST thing right now with these two girls... putting Anna to bed with Ashley awake. This is mostly Rob and my fault because we still rock Anna with her juice sippy cup for a good 5 minutes to calm her down for her nap. It is probably long past due but I think it may be time to get rid of rocking Anna before her nap. It's just that Rob and I both love this time on the weekends or on days that we are not alone..... and Anna LOVES it too!!!!! I do know that without the rocking, just putting Anna in her crib would be a piece of cake. But until I attempt to rid that habit..... I have tried several things with what to do with Ashley while rocking Anna and what works best is having Ashley on Anna's floor playing with lots of Anna's toys while I rock Anna with her juice. Halfway through, if Ashley gets fussy she gets put in Anna's crib. Ashley is usually fine with this and surprisingly Anna is too.
2:45-3: Ashley's naptime. We usually luck out and get her to bed before Anna wakes up.
About 45 minutes to an hour later Ashley is up and everyone ready for Daddy to get home! I guess we occasionally do slip in a trip to the grocery store or Target here if dinner has been prepared earlier or if it's an easy fix!

So even though we may have some wiggle room to fit in a Price Chopper run, from 10-3 you will pretty much fine us at home or at my parents or at Rob's parents! :)

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment