Sunday, October 30, 2011

YMCA: Week 2

Day 6: Anna was excited to go. Couldn't stop talking about Barney. Walked into the room all excited and went to find the Barney book. When she found it, we actually found 2, her expression changed (like she knew it was now time for me to leave) and she started crying. I left her to cry a couple of minutes. When I returned she was in her seat by the door and I could hear "Momma, Mommy!" as I walked towards the nursery. Apparently every 5 minutes or so Anna would shout my name and she pretty much sat in the chair to entire hour I was gone. Ashley was great and would cry every once in a while but the caretakers said it was really nothing.

Day 7: She did it! She did it! She actually played a little and even colored 2 Barney coloring pages. When I left she had cried for a minute or so and when I got back she was calling my name and sitting by the door, but I guess for the 30 minutes in between she was actually in amongst the kids. When I got back to the nursery to stretch with her she was so excited to show me stuff and keep playing. This is very promising! Ashley was great; started crying VERY hard when she saw me..... I want my MOMMA!!

Day 8: Ashley cried off and on. Anna did not sit in her chair but she didn't actually play. She just kind of hung out with Ms. Erica.

We will try again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment