Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 3 and 4 at YMCA

Day 3
One of the caretakers at the Y is actually a neighbor of ours. This day she was there for the first time with the girls. Anna cried for 5 minutes but them became completely glued to our neighbor. Anna had brought Baby Bop that day and our neighbor found a Barney book for her. When I got back 45 minutes later Anna was SO excited to show me the Barney book. I stretched in the nursery and read Anna the book and when we left she wanted to take the Barney book with her. I explained that it will be here next time and we put it in a safe place to find the next day. Anna blew everyone kisses and happily left with mommy. When I asked her if she had fun she said yes and talked about the Barney book. Ashley was great- started fussing the last 5-10 minutes before I got back.

Day 4
Our neighbor was there again so it made the transition a little more easy for Anna. We walked in and got the Barney book and Anna was SO excited! She was all smiles with the book and then I said goodbye... AND SHE CRIED!!!! By the time I got down the hall I couldn't hear her anymore. When I showed up Anna was walking around the playroom with a Baby Bop coloring book page. Our neighbor said, "She REALLY likes Barney, huh?" Ashley was just beginning to fuss (it had been almost 45 minutes since dropping them off and this is usual). Then we met Daddy at the pool and had a BLAST! While leaving the gym she said "No. STAY." I told her we would come back later but she wanted to stay (good thing!) When I asked her if she liked the gym she said yes and blew kisses to it. She talked about the Barney book and the pool on our short car ride home.

I think we are making progress. And that is a good thing! I am really enjoying my 45 or so minutes to myself. I don't necessarily like the exercise but I do like my break. I have been doing 20 minutes on the bike and 20 minutes fast walking on the tredmill so that I can also squeeze in reading my book, The Hunger Games. the book is pretty good so far! And a plus.... I feel better during the day, have more energy, eat less and better and lost 1 pound at WW this week. I am pretty sure the 30 minute workouts have something to do with it, even if it is just the bike and walking :)

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment