Monday, October 10, 2011

8 months old

Happy 8 months old to me! Here's what I've been up to this past month!

*I am sleeping pretty well. I proved to mommy and daddy last week that I can sleep 12 hours without waking up... now just to get over this darn stuffy and runny nose so I can sleep like that again SOON! I do have a bad night here and there where I wake up 1 or 2 times during the 12 hour period and demand a feeding or two.I am pretty good at putting myself to sleep once I wake up. As for falling asleep on my own at the beginning of the night I am pretty decent. Sometimes I whine and cry for a couple minutes and other times I fall right asleep in mommy's arms while feeding and stay that way. When I wake in the middle of the night I sometimes make noises and when I do I can fall back asleep if I'm not hungry (then I scream!!!!!!!!!)
*My napping varies day to day. Sometimes I take 2 long naps and other days I take 3 30-50 minute naps. Sometimes I fall asleep easily and other times it takes mommy and daddy calming me down for quite some time.
*I am an excellent eater! I am eating two different fruits and oatmeal for breakfast and then a protein and vegetable for dinner. Foods I tried this month: Cauliflower, Broccoli, Chicken, Apples, Strawberries, Edamame, Blueberries, Acorn Squash and Nectarines. I am still exclusively breastfeeding and nurse about 5 times a day. I also really like Gerber puffs.
*My Favorite Toys: Play Table, Music Band, ABC playhouse, anything Anna is playing with, anything that I can put in my mouth, and books.
*When holding onto the couch I can walk sideways. I can also take 3-4 walking steps on my walk-n-ride. Pretty impressive, huh? I can also walk pretty well when holding onto mommy or daddy's hands. I also very gracefully can go from standing to sitting and sitting to standing while holding onto something.
*I am becoming quite the Mommy's girl. When I want her, I WANT HER!
*I love head scratches, circle belly, back and arm scratches JUST like mommy. I get VERY relaxed and look as though I am in a daze. It really calms me down. I also like air being blown in my face; it makes me laugh REALLY hard.
*I kick when I am excited and love music! I even flap my arms like a bird when I hear familiar songs.
*I still think Anna is amazing and am constantly watching, smiling and giggling at her.
*I have NO teeth! We keep thinking that is why I have a runny or stuffy nose but then no teeth pop up- hopefully I have them :)
*I am babbling more and more. Most of the time I have my paci in my mouth (which quiets me) but I still like to scream and talk on occasion! I am not a whiner unless I am not feeling good. I have started saying "A A A A" and "E E E E."
*I started sleeping with Lambie and Bear Blanket in my crib.
*I love chub balls and can even blow chub balls on mommy!
*I am a belly sleeper. When Mommy or Daddy put me in my crib I roll to my side and then my belly. I always have a big red indention mark on my face from my mattress. It helps me stay asleep when mommy and daddy pat on my side/back when putting me in my crib.

Love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment