Monday, July 18, 2011

Swim Lessons

Mommy signed me up for an 8 days of 30 minute swim lessons- just mommy and me! And today was my first class and..... they....went...... AWESOME!

We signed up to take lessons at Tomahawk Ridge Pool through Overland Park Parks and Recreation. It was really affordable and Grandma was able to watch Ashley during the hour a day that we will be gone (thanks Grandma!) It was really cool being just with mommy.... when I got in the car I kept asking "Where's Baby?!" It took mommy a while to realize that I wasn't asking for my favorite song (Baby by Justin Bieber) and that I was looking for my sister! I have never driven in the car without her and thought we forgot her!!!

Today was mostly spent getting us used to the pool. And the pool was so awesome! I had a HUGE smile on my face the entire time (except during the back float) and was giggling most of the time as well. It was a zero entry pool so I was able to walk into the pool until the water was up to my chin... then I got REALLY nervous and would jump on mommy and not want to put my feet down (even when she told me I could touch!) By the end of the class, I trusted mommy and was walking a lot on my feet in the shallow end!

Here's what we worked on today!
-Walking while holding mommies hand from the entrance of the water to the deeper part. Then, without holding mommies hand, I walked right by her until the water got up to my chin. I had never walked like that into water and I just giggled and giggled!
-Hopped while holding hands in both the shallow and deeper ends (I could still touch the ground) and finally by myself. This took some time getting used to! I even galloped some too! And of course, more giggles were heard!
-Jumped from the side of the pool into mommies arms- we are working on that again tomorrow!
-Practiced blowing bubbles (I'm really good at that)
-Practices kicking while on my belly and doing the back float... I DO NOT like floating on my back! Mommy says it's her goal this week to get me okay with swimming on my back... we'll see!

Mommy was proud of me because the instructor (Miss Jeannette) asked me to go swim with her and I did without resistance- I went right into her arms! I didn't even look back at mommy until I turned around to swim back. I think mommy had a harder time then me when she took me away!

We had so much fun! When I left I blew kisses to the pool and on the way home asked mommy to go to the pool again!!! I think I am going to be a little fishy in the summer time and Can't wait for tomorrow!

Love,
Anna

PS I'll post more about swimming and what I did when it is all over. Hopefully mommy will get a picture of her and me in the water together!

No comments:

Post a Comment