Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bittersweet

I am sitting in my bed with a light on playing on my laptop. Feels like forever ago when I was able to sit in my bed at night time without worrying about waking up a baby.

Yep- our baby girl Ashley is sleeping in her crib in her room for the first time tonight. She turns 5 months old this week and we felt like it was time to upgrade her from her pack n play in our room to her very own crib in her own room down the hall.



Bittersweet. The perfect word to describe it. Sweet in that I get to enjoy my bed at night with a light on and sleep in complete quiet (no noise machine) and bitter in that it means my baby is growing up. Growing up....

Fingers crossed that she sleeps well and doesn't wake up Anna when she wakes up in the middle of the night. Their rooms are right across from one another and I am sure the sound travels loudly under their doors. But who knows- they both seem to be pretty heavy sleepers and they have their noise machines to drown out noises.

I mean it is so quiet I can hear myself breathe.... weird. Very weird. I forgot just how nice quiet can be!

Good night!

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment