Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It's the Teacher in Me

I love to play. I love to dance. I love to hang out. But I can only do that for most of the day, not the entire day. So, the teacher in me has come out and we are beginning to learn the alphabet!

Using markers, paper and Anna's new leap frog learning laptop we are spending 3 blocks of time around 10 minutes each on learning our letters. I draw the letter on a piece of paper and as I draw it I say it a bunch of times. I then ask Anna to say the letter. Then I relate the letter to something in her life (for examples D is for Daddy). Rob came up with this idea when teaching her her first letter, D, and it has has stuck with her for weeks now. Every time she sees a D she says Daddy and gets SO proud!! And then to end our "lesson" I then show her where the letter is on her laptop and then press it. The laptop says the letter name, sound and an animal that starts with it. It's really nice because it also shows the letter on the screen.


Here are the letters we can say properly and read when we see them on things (only capitol right now)!
A- Anna
B- Baby
D- Daddy
K- Kate
M-Mommy
O- O!
P- Peanut

I'm so proud of my little girl. And to think she REALLY REALLY REALLY enjoys this too! Today she got out her laptop, asked for markers and then started saying and pressing the letters on her laptop. She then motioned me to my seat at her table. We are going to have so much fun learning together!!

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment