Thursday, January 26, 2012

So Sweet

I like to think that my girls are sweet and it's so nice to hear strangers say the same.

Tonight the girls had to go bridesmaid dress shopping with me (long story; Rob had to work late) and they did great. I knew they wouldn't cause any problems but I didn't know how much they'd let me try things on. Well they did AMAZING! Being that it was 6:00 (remember Ashley is usually getting ready for bed at 6:45 and is asleep by 7) I couldn't ask for two better girls....

45 minutes of mommy trying on dresses they did great! Playing peek-a-boo with the dressing room curtain was a favorite of both girls, Anna loved walking around the store in the dressing room high heels, and Anna LOVED seeing me dress as a princess. LOVED it! When I put on a purple dress, she gasped! Literally, she put her hands over her mouth, eyes got HUGE and she gasped! "Mommy!!!! Mommy!!!! Purple like Barney!!!!! Hand! Hand!!!!" She wanted me to hold her hand, so I did. And what did she do when I grabbed her hand; we spun in circles in the dressing room like we were at a ball. It was too cute!

Around 6:40 Ashley lost control of herself and I squeezed (not kidding) into the last dress. As we were leaving the girl who was helping us told me that both my girls are SO good. She says she has a 2 1/2 year old who is a terror and she was amazed at how good these two were. And then as if on key, Anna went over and gave my girlfriend Kelly a hug good bye. Perfect. I couldn't help but smile and feel super proud! I just hope they never lose the sweetness!

Much Love,
Jenny

2 comments:

  1. Of course you have good girls! Their Mom is a former teacher after all! :)
    Who is getting married?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girlfriend Kelly from high school. and thanks Betsy!!!!

    ReplyDelete