Monday, January 23, 2012

28 months old



 Happy 28 months to me!

*I am talking more clearly day to day. I definitely still have my Anna talk but mommy and daddy know what I am saying almost all the time :) Mommy's favorite thing that I am saying is, "What's the matter with this?" (Watts matta wid dis?" I am also really into telling mommy to be quiet. Don't worry, I ask her with a nice "shhhhhhh mommy. shhhhhhhh." It's usually when someone is sleeping.
*For a LONG time I have been starting to count with the number 3 and if there are two things I count them 3,4. Well TODAY on my 28 month birthday I started to count with 1!!!!! I am doing it right and can count all the way to eleven (even though I skip 7 most of the time!!!)
*I love going outside on nice days. I love it when we take walks. Mommy laughs because a walk that should take 10 minutes takes us 45 because I like to stop and look at EVERYTHING. And you have to obey the traffic signals!! We stop at stop signs (I see them and say, "Mommy STOP!!!!") And if we see traffic lights and if it's red we stop and wait for the light to turn green and then we go. When it's yellow I tell mommy SLOW DOWN!!!! I love traffic lights! Ask me what they mean; I can tell you!
*I love to act like a baby and a dog
*My new obsession is snakes. I like to make snakes out of lotion/soap/playdough/toothpaste (can really draw out the going to bed process if it isn't just right)/tofu (got in trouble for playing with food). I also love to stick my tongue out and lick like a snake!
*Mommy and Daddy say that I am officially in the 2's! NOW. NO. MINE. These words have become quite common. Whines, Tantrums; We have them ALL! And refusal to go potty before nap/bedtime is hardcore.... but since I still wear a diaper to sleep mommy and daddy are trying reverse psychology with their attitudes and how they handle it (because I would have screaming and crying fits for a good 5-10 minutes when they would force me to use the potty before bed). So we will see if their "magic" works.
*I love to say "MY Mommy and MY Daddy."
*I have a certain bedtime routine with babies. Daddy told me once that it was hard being a mommy and when he said that I let out the biggest sigh and said, "Yea!" This routine also happens at naps. Mommy likes to call me the "baby" hoarder (don't worry a separate post is coming!) My favorite baby is probably my pink bunny lovey that I have had since birth.
*My favorite color is purple; aka "burble yike Babee." (purple like Barney)
*The last month or so I have turned into such a cuddler.  When I was little I loved to give good kisses but didn't really care to cuddle unless it was nap or bed time. Now I LOVE to cuddle and want to hug mommy/daddy so much, sit on their laps and lounge, cuddle with them on the couch/floor, lay on top of them, climb on their back and just hang on them and just squeeze them. And I want to do it ALL THE TIME! Mommy thinks I have picked this up from Ashley because she is such a big hugger.
*I put toothpaste on own toothbrush and always tell mommy and daddy that I am going to put a "HUGE" amount on the brush. They always sucks some of the toothpaste back into the tube... BOO!
*I still talk about our Elf on the Shelf (Otter) and Santa Claus. We still listen to Christmas music in my kareokee machine. I LOVE Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. I pretty much know most of the words to both and it is super cute to hear me sing them with mommy :)
*I know some of my books by heart. I love finishing the sentences when mommy and daddy read to me. And I LOVE to read! My favorites are my Baby Bop book, my princess books, magazines and any with paper pages (even though I still read a lot of board books). I can read the words Anna, Zoo and Stop.
*Still not letting mommy put things in my hair (every once in a while a clip). I wonder if she really is going to cut my "Baby-O' hair? It does get in my eyes A LOT!

I am growing up so much and pretty soon I'll be 2 1/2!!!

Love
Anna


No comments:

Post a Comment