Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Naps All by self

A big milestone was accomplished this past weekend (well maybe it was a big deal for mommy to finally give in and make it happen) but Ashley can put herself to sleep at nap time! She had been successful for so long at putting herself to sleep at night and even at putting herself back to sleep when waking throughout the night. But we were never able (and really never tried too hard) to get her to put her self to sleep at nap time. Well not even 10 minutes of babbling/crying during one nap episode and our issue is fixed :) She nurses and then babbles herself to sleep with the company of her bear blanket and Lambie stuffed animal. She has really formed a love with her lovies lately!

I couldn't be a more happier mom when it comes to her current napping habit. Yes, I somewhat miss nursing her to sleep and rocking my baby until she was asleep in my arms, but as Ashley grew older she grew bigger and heavier and my back grew achier and achier. It just makes it so much easier with two kids; being able to nurse Ashley and then put her right into her crib to have her fall asleep on her own accord and then go join Anna for Mommy and Anna time.And I'm less stressed.

Ashley has always been a decent napper (much better then Anna ever was at Ashley's age and really don't have much room to complain) but the last couple of weeks prior were pretty tough (mostly because she was teething) and on some days had me close to pulling my hair out in frustration. I would get her to sleep just to have her pop back up WIDE awake in any pack n play and sometimes even in her crib. But this has all changed; since Saturday she is napping incredibly awesome all by herself in her crib and in pack n plays as well!

I am proud of my baby girl; so proud!

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment