Monday, January 30, 2012

Cousin Colleen's Visit


This past weekend was such a GREAT, and much needed, girls weekend!

My cousin Colleen came in town from Chicago and we lived it up! From the moment the "eagle" landed we ate, shopped til we dropped, had some great wine, played with the girls and hung out with the family. It was awesome having Colleen in town!

Since it had been a long time since just Anne, Colleen and I hung out, we decided to make it a girls day/night on the Plaza with a sleepover at the Marriot! and it was superb!

Here's what we did!

On Friday we had lunch at La Bodega with Mom, Dad, Anne and Kate followed by a visit to a nearby shop. Then we went home to play with Anna and Ashley for an hour. Packed up our bags and headed down to check in at the Marriot and headed to Halls at Crown Center for a super deal of 25% off their sale prices plus Anne's employee discount of another 20%. We scored AWESOME deals! I bought a pair of shoes and a dress that might become my pj's because they kind of look like pj's! Then we went shopping on the plaza where we continued our streak of AWESOME deals on sweaters, shirts, a dreidel set (even though we aren't Jewish I can't wait to play with the girls on Hanukkah next year!) and chocolate fondue! We ate and had drinks at McCormick and Schmidts, Plaza 3 and reverse happy hour at the Melting Pot (it smelled really stinky for some reason). We headed back to the Marriot only to find that I had forgot a part of my pump at home and since we were drinking we couldn't drive to get it..... so....... I pumped myself. It was the most awkward experience of my life and I guess I can now say I have fully experience breast feeding since I manual pumped by my hand probably 5 or 6 ounces in the shower. Sorry if it is too much information but it kind of put a damper on that night and the morning. But I survived and the night was still awesome! We woke up the next day, headed to Eggtc for breakfast, picked up the girls and headed to my parent's. We lounged a bit and then had a spa manicure/pedicure day with dad (I even finally got my eye brows waxed!) Then we all went out to eat at Jalapanos, rented a movie and at 10:30 very tiredly spent the night at my parents. That next morning we even squeezed in a Target run before heading to the airport at 11. WOW did we pack it in!

Can't wait until Colleenie visits us again! Our next reunion..... Chicago June 2012 :)

Much Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment