Sunday, November 13, 2011

Photography Classes

So this past week I finally got myself into a photography class. I had been meaning to do this when I bought my first Nikon SLR before Anna was born but never got around to it. And I am SO glad I finally did it.

My girlfriend Kelly had signed up at Wirken Photography for some classes. I am so glad she did because it inspired me to join her. The first class was all about getting to know your camera and Tyler Wirken, the teacher, was trying to inspire you to never take another picture on the green AUTO setting and I think I am inspired!!!!!

Since Thursday every picture I have taken has been on the Manual setting (and no flash is used in this setting; you control the light); the setting where you adjust pretty much everything. Manual, people.... MANUAL!!! It is crazy..... I can't believe I am actually understanding this stuff after one class.... Now don't get me wrong, my pictures have not been great but I have learned so much about how it all works which will hopefully help me take amazing pictures someday. I have taken most of my pictures inside and today got to play with the camera outside. It amazes me how much I have been able to put into practice with just one class under my belt. MANUAL; did I mention manual means all by myself (oh jeez I am sounding like Anna with this all by myself stuff!)

I have my second class this week and the last class is in December. The instructor is talking about taking class "trips" to places where we can apply everything he has taught him under his supervision. This might be a good thing for me to look into in the Spring. Or better yet, anyone want to start meeting me places one day a month to take pics together???? Fun fun fun!

Here is my best picture taken in that Manual setting. I have lots of room for improvement but pretty good for a first go around I think!

Best Indoor- no flash either!

Best outdoor

Much Love,
Jenny

2 comments:

  1. After reading this, I have been doing my best to use the manual. I always shoot without a flash. But I think you may have to give me some pointers when we are back. This kid moves too much to get a non-blurry picture in manual. I can't seem to click fast enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good Megan.... it's crazy all that I am learning and am still soaking in.... class 2 was this evening and I just need a day to play with my camera and do nothing else!

    ReplyDelete