Saturday, November 19, 2011

9 month well visit

This past Tuesday we went to see Dr. Austin for my 9 month check up. I did awesome..... even when getting my second flu shot!

Here are my numbers:
Height: 27 inches (50th %tile).
Weight- 17 lbs (25th %tile).
Head Circumference: 17 in (25th %tile)

Dr. Austin said I was growing REALLY well (gained 2 pounds in the last 3 months) and look very healthy. Mommy was concerned with my weight being in the 25th %tile and Dr. Austin said that while I am underweight for my length, not to worry. She said I am much more active (and have been this way since I turned 4 months) then the average 9 month old and I look fine (not too skinny). She said the important thing is that I am putting weight on at a healthy rate. Dr. Austin also commented on how impressed she is with my physical ability and made a guess that I will be walking within the next month; we will see about that! She was also impressed that I sleep almost 12 hours straight without a waking or feeding and that most days I average 2 hours total in naps.

She also noticed that I had a rash/dry patch on my chin and was concerned that it might be an indication that I am zinc deficient and then asked mommy how much red meat I normally get. Mommy said I get it maybe a week total out of a month. Dr. Austin told her we could have a blood panel ran to confirm it, but mommy decided to start feeding me more red meat and to switch from my vitamin D vitamins to a more complete vitamin; poly-v-sol (and they are YUCKY. I totally GAG when I take them!!!!!) But after 4 days of this change, my chin is looking pretty good :)

I got my second flu shot and I screamed and cried for maybe a minute and then was back to my happy old self. Mommy didn't even have to breastfeed me to comfort me; it must be that I am one tough baby with all the beating up I get from Anna :)

Another good check up!

Love,
Ashley


Oh and I almost forgot! Dr. Austin was really impressed about all the table food I have been eating with my fingers! She said it was okay for me to now have dairy (just not cows milk)! Hip Hip Hooray! Bring on the cheese and yogurt :) Just no honey, peanut butter or egg whites yet! That'll come when I am one!

No comments:

Post a Comment