Sunday, November 13, 2011

I can do it! I can do it! By MYSELF!

From the wise words of Baby Bop... "I can do it, I can do it.... by myself! I can do it, I can do it by myself! I used to ask for help when I was small, but now I'm big I can do it all..... I"m feeling proud as you can tell... but I can do it by MYSELF!"

If Anna could have a theme song, the above would be her current.

Yes, we have a pretty adamant, independent, proud, self driven, strong willed and determined little toddler here (yes sounds like her mother... her Daddy reminds me of this a lot). But don't get me wrong, she is also one of the most caring, gentle and loving little ladies I know... she is just very very independent and is really into trying everything and I mean just about EVERYTHING by herself. And if she doesn't want to do something (like go potty, or clean up, or eat) ALL  I have to say is Mommy is going to do __________ and then I hear a "NO ME!!!!!" and get body checked in the process.

If Anna needs help, she isn't afraid to ask for it. But she won't ask until she has tried multiple times on her own. So don't even think about helping her or she will yell "No ME!" and start whatever she was doing when you helped her all over again from the beginning until she can do it on her own. I am very proud of her independence but we are becoming fearful that she puts too much pressure on herself because she sometimes cries and gets frustrated when she doesn't succeed. Rob and I feel like as parents we do a good job at not putting too much pressure on her but who knows, maybe we are.....

Anna is really into putting on her own socks, shoes, pants, shirts (she needs help getting the hole on her head) and panties. She pretty much can do it all by herself but doesn't insist on dressing herself ALL THE TIME (thank God!) She likes to climb up on the big girl potty all by herself, sit on it without a seat (I swear she is going to fall in and get stuck one day soon), crack and peel hardboiled eggs, stuff her mouth with food regardless of what we tell her about taking bites, insists on buckling the top snap of her car seat, insists on closing the car door, insists on letting Peanut in and out and so much more that it can be quite exhausting.

"No ME" just might be her favorite phrase right now! Welcome to the tiresome twos, right Ashley Jones?!?!?! :)




1 comment:

  1. Yes, tiresome twos it is!! i gotta get my boy interested in dressing himself...no desire! socks off is all about we got ;)

    ReplyDelete